Our mission is to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible by creating steel products and services to overcome their toughest challenges.
Our Core Values
Ethics & Integrity
- We share a dedication to our founder’s unwavering belief in ethics, honesty and respect.
- We put people first, maintaining health and safety as our highest priority.
- We show respect. We value each other, our suppliers, customers and communities.
- We act responsibly. We are stewards of the environment and exercise sound judgment in all aspects of our business in accordance with our ethical standards and the law.
- We do what we say we will do, and our products perform as promised.
- We ensure the quality of our products and services through the thinking of our people and the rigor of our processes.
- We solve problems every day, creating customized solutions to customers’ toughest challenges.
- We know that progress depends on continuously improving all aspects of our business, and we actively advance those improvements.
- We create sustainable value through collaboration and a commitment to research and development.
- As a problem-solving culture, we encourage independent thinking to create collective action for the benefit of our stakeholders.
- We shape our future by leading the industry and creating value for all constituents.
Made in America for more than 100 years, TimkenSteel today is a top special bar quality, or SBQ, steelmaker in North America. We are the leading manufacturer of SBQ steel large bars (6-inch diameter and greater) and seamless mechanical tubing in North America, but that is only part of our story.
The TimkenSteel business model is unique in our industry and focuses on creating tailored products and services for our customers’ most demanding applications. Our engineers are experts in both materials and applications, so we can work closely with each customer to deliver flexible solutions related to our products as well as their applications and supply chains. We believe few others in our industry can consistently deliver that kind of customization and responsiveness.
We manufacture alloy steel, as well as carbon and micro-alloy steel, with an annual melt capacity of approximately 2 million tons. Our portfolio includes SBQ bars, seamless mechanical tubing and precision steel components. In addition, we supply machining and thermal treatment services, as well as manage raw material recycling programs. We focus on research and development as we create the answers to customers’ toughest engineering challenges and leverage those answers into new product offerings.
Visit the Our Locations page for contact information for – and maps to – these facilities.